Rotary(劳特莱)手表在1895年创立于瑞士的Chaux-de-fond.Rotary Watches Ltd. was established at La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland by Moise Dreyfuss in 1895. By the 1920s family members Georges and Sylvain Dreyfuss began importing Rotary watches to Britain, which was to become the company's most successful market. Rotary is still an independent family company, and at present Robert Dreyfuss – the great grandchild of Moise Dreyfuss – is its chairman.
In 1940 Rotary became the official watch supplier for the British Army. Coinciding as this did with the Second World War and the drafting of huge numbers into the army, the move put a Rotary watch in almost every household in Britain, leaving a lasting impression of the brand in the UK. More recently, Rotary Watches was elected as one of the UK's "superbrands" in 2006 and has retained its place in successive years. The “winged wheel” Rotary logo was first introduced in 1925 and has since undergone only minor changes in appearance. In addition to its traditional brand, the company also produces watches under the more exclusive "Dreyfuss & Co" name.
Rotary is a member of the Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry FH. Although naturally proud of their Swiss heritage, Rotary Watches' head office is now in the UK, and they are predominately a British company. As is the case with many watchmakers, Rotary offer a range of timepieces manufactured in Switzerland together with a range of less expensive pieces made elsewhere, usually with movements from Japan or China. While some of these watches may carry the company slogan "Est. Switzerland 1895", it is important to note that only those clearly marked "Swiss Made" on the dial are certain to originate from Switzerland. Under Swiss law, a watch must contain a Swiss movement and be assembled in Switzerland to carry this mark.